Mercedes-Benz has teamed up with director Ace Norton, choreographer Homer Hans Bryant and fashion designer Sandy Liang for Midnight in Stuttgart. Shot at the German city’s Mercedes-Benz Museum, the short opens with a security guard closing the showroom. After doing his rounds, the man returns to his office and falls asleep. A group of mannequins, wearing clothes by emerging (and very talented) New York designer Sandy Liang come alive as a dance troupe. They perform a Hiplet™ dance choreographed by the hip hop ballet movement’s inventor Homer Hans Bryant, founder of the Chicago Multinational Dance Centre School and former principle dancer at the first black classical ballet, Dance Theatre of Harlem.
The short was captured by prolific Grammy-nominated filmmaker and artist Ace Norton, who has to date created over 80 music videos, adverts and shorts for clients including Vans, Coca Cola and Adidas, Gap, and soundtracked by picsters.tv.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus