Me & EU is a collection of postcards designed by UK-based creatives in reaction to the European referendum result of June 2016.
Since then, the project curated by designers Nathan Smith and Sam T Smith, has continued to grow including submissions from Craig Oldham, NB Studio, Catalogue and several designers from creative agency KesselsKramer. The front side of each postcard represents a designed opinion on the referendum result. The reverse displays a personal message from the creative, for example, “You can take Britain out of Europe but you’ll never take the Europe out of Britain,” from NB studio.
Each postcard is designed to be sent “across Europe as a means to reconnect us post the EU referendum,” explains the site.
The postcards will be sent all over Europe on the official trigger date of Article 50 which Theresa May announced will take place on the 29 March.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design