Me & EU is a collection of postcards designed by UK-based creatives in reaction to the European referendum result of June 2016.
Since then, the project curated by designers Nathan Smith and Sam T Smith, has continued to grow including submissions from Craig Oldham, NB Studio, Catalogue and several designers from creative agency KesselsKramer. The front side of each postcard represents a designed opinion on the referendum result. The reverse displays a personal message from the creative, for example, “You can take Britain out of Europe but you’ll never take the Europe out of Britain,” from NB studio.
Each postcard is designed to be sent “across Europe as a means to reconnect us post the EU referendum,” explains the site.
The postcards will be sent all over Europe on the official trigger date of Article 50 which Theresa May announced will take place on the 29 March.
- Meet the speakers: Hollie Fernando, Andrew Rae, Raine Allen-Miller and Random International
- Political illustrator Ellie Foreman-Peck on her unfortunately abundant Trump back catalogue
- Deep Throat Studio, a graphic design practice with a name and portfolio to grab your attention
- Photographer David Gomez Maestre captures the romance of sun-blushed landscapes
- ECAL grad Jean-Vincent Simonet’s “totally twisted” image-making
- Benedict Brink is shaking up fashion photography
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU