To celebrate the launch of the Autumn issue of Printed Pages, we’ll be giving you a taster of some of the articles all this week. Below you’ll find a selection of photographs from the article; to see the full series you can buy the latest Printed Pages here.
Loosely based on Babinet’s theory of diffraction, this series of photographs by Lightning & Kinglyface and Kate Jackling explores a fascination with light and its effects on different materials and forms. With a focus on structure, perspective and composition, this is a collaborative study attempts to probe the nature of light, its presence, absence and everything in-between.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus