What if, in a sort of topsy-turvy Dorian Gray-esque twist of fate, your face became your selfie? Fine if it’s a fabulous selfie, all best-sides and artful lighting, but what if it’s blurry, or plagued by red-eye? It’s a nightmarish turn of events that plays out in a hilarious new fashion film from Mercedes-Benz.
The short stars Brioni creative director Justin O’Shea and stylist Jayne Min, the unfortunate woman whose blurry selfie has become her blurry face. Justin is on hand to save the day though as the “selfie specialist,” gravely suggesting that the facial conundrum could have been that Jayne’s soul had become trapped in her selfie. Numerous photo attempts later, and Justin becomes embroiled in this uniquely narcissistic business, as his own face falls foul of the selfie demons that have plagued Jayne.
Alongside Justin and Jayne’s sumptuous outfits and two impossibly adorable fluffy dogs, the whole film is rendered even more Instagram-ready thanks to one very large, very bright cameo in the form of the solar beam yellow Mercedes AMG G 63.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris