Producer and performer Clap! Clap!’s new video, Hope, brings together a wealth of Italian creative talent. Formerly known as Cristiano Crisci, the musician has enlisted the help of illustrator, Jonathan Calugi for a music video animated by Simone Brillarelli.
For the single from Clap! Clap!’s new album A Thousand Skies, Jonathan has implemented his free flowing illustrational style into an animation of layered lines, flittering to form shifting shapes. The animation begins simply, and builds, just as the song crescendos. Each of Jonathan’s ingenuous drawings adapt throughout the short to create a narrative. Initial letterforms build a character who goes on a warping journey, through the sea and the sky, dancing all the while.
Each of Jonathan’s drawings are superlatively animated by Simone, creating a music video that is repeatedly addictive to watch.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris