Producer and performer Clap! Clap!’s new video, Hope, brings together a wealth of Italian creative talent. Formerly known as Cristiano Crisci, the musician has enlisted the help of illustrator, Jonathan Calugi for a music video animated by Simone Brillarelli.
For the single from Clap! Clap!’s new album A Thousand Skies, Jonathan has implemented his free flowing illustrational style into an animation of layered lines, flittering to form shifting shapes. The animation begins simply, and builds, just as the song crescendos. Each of Jonathan’s ingenuous drawings adapt throughout the short to create a narrative. Initial letterforms build a character who goes on a warping journey, through the sea and the sky, dancing all the while.
Each of Jonathan’s drawings are superlatively animated by Simone, creating a music video that is repeatedly addictive to watch.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books