Producer and performer Clap! Clap!’s new video, Hope, brings together a wealth of Italian creative talent. Formerly known as Cristiano Crisci, the musician has enlisted the help of illustrator, Jonathan Calugi for a music video animated by Simone Brillarelli.
For the single from Clap! Clap!’s new album A Thousand Skies, Jonathan has implemented his free flowing illustrational style into an animation of layered lines, flittering to form shifting shapes. The animation begins simply, and builds, just as the song crescendos. Each of Jonathan’s ingenuous drawings adapt throughout the short to create a narrative. Initial letterforms build a character who goes on a warping journey, through the sea and the sky, dancing all the while.
Each of Jonathan’s drawings are superlatively animated by Simone, creating a music video that is repeatedly addictive to watch.
- Brooklyn-based Jyan Ku’s naive pastel works are oddly charming
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again