Producer and performer Clap! Clap!’s new video, Hope, brings together a wealth of Italian creative talent. Formerly known as Cristiano Crisci, the musician has enlisted the help of illustrator, Jonathan Calugi for a music video animated by Simone Brillarelli.
For the single from Clap! Clap!’s new album A Thousand Skies, Jonathan has implemented his free flowing illustrational style into an animation of layered lines, flittering to form shifting shapes. The animation begins simply, and builds, just as the song crescendos. Each of Jonathan’s ingenuous drawings adapt throughout the short to create a narrative. Initial letterforms build a character who goes on a warping journey, through the sea and the sky, dancing all the while.
Each of Jonathan’s drawings are superlatively animated by Simone, creating a music video that is repeatedly addictive to watch.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know