“The idea was to document untold stories all over Holland,” says London-based photographer Jane Stockdale of her most recent project for Nike. “We followed various teams and players to document different stories: from kids playing after school to amateur teams playing to the Dutch National Team training for the Women’s Euros 2017 and playing friendlies with Austria and Japan.”
To celebrate Holland hosting the Women’s Euros 2017, Jane travelled across the Netherlands to document the fastest growing sport in the country and the people that play and support football. The images pick up on stories such as 11 year-old Djennah who dreams of playing for Barcelona, street football in Amsterdam, local amateur team Majella Domstad which is based in Utrecht, the CTO academy in Amsterdam, the Dutch national team training in Zeist and the international friendlies that preceded the Euros tournament.
Jane’s images capture the dedication and passion of players and fans in a country that has long been famed for its love of the beautiful game. The Womens’ Euro 2017 Tournament is currently being held in the Netherlands, with the Dutch team gaining sporting a new kit with a bespoke crest designed by W+K Amsterdam with Nike for the Dutch FA. These images have been featured in an exhibition that will run for the length of the tournament and in a zine titled Game On designed by …staat.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s