“The idea was to document untold stories all over Holland,” says London-based photographer Jane Stockdale of her most recent project for Nike. “We followed various teams and players to document different stories: from kids playing after school to amateur teams playing to the Dutch National Team training for the Women’s Euros 2017 and playing friendlies with Austria and Japan.”
To celebrate Holland hosting the Women’s Euros 2017, Jane travelled across the Netherlands to document the fastest growing sport in the country and the people that play and support football. The images pick up on stories such as 11 year-old Djennah who dreams of playing for Barcelona, street football in Amsterdam, local amateur team Majella Domstad which is based in Utrecht, the CTO academy in Amsterdam, the Dutch national team training in Zeist and the international friendlies that preceded the Euros tournament.
Jane’s images capture the dedication and passion of players and fans in a country that has long been famed for its love of the beautiful game. The Womens’ Euro 2017 Tournament is currently being held in the Netherlands, with the Dutch team gaining sporting a new kit with a bespoke crest designed by W+K Amsterdam with Nike for the Dutch FA. These images have been featured in an exhibition that will run for the length of the tournament and in a zine titled Game On designed by …staat.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus