I think you’ll agree with me when I say there there is something magical about mixed-sex bands. Band of Skulls is Russell Marsden, Emma Richardson, and Matt Hayward – a band from Southampton who are now mega big and famous and touring all over the place. I always breathe a sigh of relief when a band sends through a mixtape and it’s full of gold – how shit would it be if a really great band had really, really bad taste in music? Anyway, Band of Skulls are into James Brown, Sister Rosetta Sharpe, Beastie Boys and Buddy Holly – which is a selection totally fine by our standards.
Their new EP entitled Hoochie Coochie (is that sexual?) is out now and they’re off on tour in November, so go see them and have a dance. Enjoy!
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc