Digital art aficionados will be descending on Spitalfields Market in London next week for a celebration of terrific technology-driven creativity. Following a successful launch in New York earlier this summer, the Experience Intel tour hits these shores and they are working with top amazing digital practitioners to show off their talents using the brand’s wares.
Matt Pyke of the ever-excellent Universal Everything is launching an experimental piece Gliders, whereby visitors’ can submit drawings, see them sublimated into a digital pair of wings and then control the flight and interaction of their creations on the walls of the installation. As with a lot of things Matt does, the piece looks at how technology can bring people together via real-time connections.
The Office of Creative Research will be presenting a set of custom data visualisations around the evolution of the computer down the decades and Hide & Seek will be debuting a new game specially created for the Intel Ultrabook.There will also be presentations and competitions before the tour heads off to Beijing, Sao Paulo, Moscow and Tokyo among others. We can’t ruddy wait!
Experience Intel. Look Inside takes place at Spitalfields Market from July 12-14.
This article was produced in collaboration with Intel.
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know