Each illustration by Conxita Herrero is delicious in colour palette and context. Whether she is creating an ode to singer Daniel Johnston or a landscape piece with a dreamy gradient sky, Conxita’s illustrational prowess shines through.
The multi-talented illustrator “draws, makes fanzines, writes poems and songs,” catching the eye of Vice and El País Tentaciones. She also collaborates with underground fanzines, creating her own publication Great Ball of Icecream with Apa Apa Comics.
The true charm in Conxita’s illustrations is her ability to convey a mood or subject in the simplest of drawings. One of her pieces, a bedroom with a wonky picture frame placed on the wall, a made bed and tables placed neatly either side, is personable in how uncomplicated it is. Stylistically Conxita uses a varied colour palette to display her own egocentricities. Minty greens are placed next to pale pinks, and rather than applying texture to represent clothing she draws neat lines to depict jeans or the pleats in a shirt.
The variety of Conxita’s work means she is a very exciting illustrator to discover, with a massive archive to dive into and admire.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design