Another week of work, life and relationships has passed, so seek solace in this week’s Best of the Web to give you a dose of internet fun. This week’s edition has vintage Ikea catalogues, a chance to explore the top museums via Google Street View and a video of Jeremy Corbyn meeting grime MC, JME. What more do you need?!
Mother NY is trying to empower mums returning to work with a new campaign. (Beccy)
Just found this series on BBC4. Nice insight into Nike’s early days presented by Rory Sutherland. (Will)
More great Ikea puppetry from Jonny & Will. (Jenny)
To celebrate the launch of the Nike Air Max 97 Gold (below), Nike has partnered with London’s Chabuddy G, Kurupt FM and Sneakersnstuff’s very own Mubi Ali. (Julian)
Chelsea are champions of the Premier League. Striker Michy Batshuayi stole a camera from a photographer during the post match celebrations and The Guardian published the pictures. This is a design story of sorts, not just a shameless attempt to mention Chelsea’s fantastic achievement. Did I mention they won the league? (Owen)
Director Aaron Christian has made a wildlife mockumentary studying the creatures of Frieze Art Fair. (Simon)
Surely this wins the internet this week (below). When JME met Jeremy Corbyn. (Jenny)
Who to follow: Register To Vote Special
To begin, if you’re reading this outside the UK or are simply too young to vote, simply marvel in the creativity. If you are eligible to vote though, with the UK general election just a few weeks away, we felt compelled to remind ya’ll to register to vote through the medium of creative work. You have until the 22 May 2017.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus