May is here and this means an abundance of Bank Holidays, luke warm sunshine and convincing yourself that it’s definitely time for ice cream now. To help encourage the warmer weather is Best of the Web, with a hot cocktail of Met Gala photographs in Vogue, an in-depth interview with Brad Pitt, an update for London buses, topped off with Nasa’s image library getting an update.
Elon Musk is inviting people to come up with names for his tunnel boring machine. So far the best include William Burroughs, The Elongator and Snoop Dug. (Jenny)
London buses and routes will soon be colour coded like the tubes. (Will)
Look at this photo (below) of Samuel L Jackson at the Southport Weekender in 2000 (he was invited by Jazzy Jeff) taken from this Scouse House article on the Guardian. (Lucy)
Anish Kapoor brings his giant hot tub to America. (Jenny)
Nasa has tidied up its image library. (Owen)
The most important news I’ve heard in a while. (Callum)
Incredible shots from the Met Gala captured by Daniel Arnold (below). Expect shots of selfies, beautiful people eating and all round fabulousness. (Beccy)
Who to follow
Another week, another list of damn cool creative people you should be following on Instagram. Oooosssh!
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU