Director Benjamin Portas has created this hypnotic and trippy video for Toronto-based band Fresh Snow and their new track I Can’t Die. The psychedelic animation sees “constructed spaces and realities in digital purgatory”, where floating eyeballs and gloopy, changeable shapes meander a world full of imagery that belongs on forgotten record sleeves of the 1970s.
To continue the slightly nostalgic trip, Benjamin pulls on various internet and digitally-charged references like arrow clickers, pixellated infographics and screensaver-like compositions. Using a rich colour palette of soft burgundy, mustard and steely blue, the director transports us to another world, that’s abstract, mind-bending and hypnotic.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s