What’s that you say? You’re a huge fan of art that plays fast and loose with your sense of depth? Who isn’t. And you’re also partial to the liberal use of neon vinyl tape? Well consider your niche tastes catered for by the mind-bending work of Aakash Nihalani.
Now we’re well aware we’ve featured Aakash on the site before, heck we even included him in Issue Three of the magazine, but there’s just something about his man’s work that gets our juices flowing every time. And now that he’s updated his website with a job lot of new work we’ve got the perfect excuse to rave about him again.
Aakash’s spontaneous tape creations have cropped up in the most surprising locations over the past few years, constantly inviting passers-by to engage with their surroundings in a completely new way – distorting the perception of visual planes and elevating dull surroundings to colourful interactive spaces. The only thing that depresses us about Aakash’s work is that there isn’t more of it. It’d perk up our days no end if we had one of his creations outside the studio. But what can you do, the man’s in high demand. We’ll just have to hope he swings by east London sometime soon.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors